Posted Tuesday, February 26th 2013 @ 12pm
From your favorite resident Food Pervert:
I was inspired to make turkey chili because yesterday was National Chili Day :)
I grabbed this recipe from Pinterest (via HERE) and it was not only easy but pretty f'ing tasty.
- 1 lb. extra lean ground turkey
- 2 or 3 (15 oz.) cans pinto or cannellini beans
- 2 (15 oz.) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced (or can of chopped chili peppers)
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
KT TIP - I also added a small can of jalapenos and green chiles for extra kick
- Crumble uncooked ground turkey into crock pot
- Pour in drained beans and crushed tomatoes. Stir
- Next, add tomato paste, onion, garlic, jalapeno pepper, salt, oregano, cumin, and black pepper. Stir everything together
- Cook on high for about 4 hours, making sure to stir periodically if possible.
Add shredded cheese and plain non-fat yogurt (in place of sour cream), snuggle up with your puppies, vino & some good Bravo shows...ENJOY!!